Seaway International Bridge Corporation Ltd. (SIBC) operates and manages the international toll bridge system linking Cornwall, Ontario, Akwesasne and Massena, New York. It handles over 120,000 commercial and 2,300,000 passenger transits annually. The Bridge is a vital transportation route for major industry in the region.
SIBC provides a summer employment program to students who are registered in a post-secondary institution in September 2018. Under close supervision, the Summer Student assists with bridge maintenance responsibilities such as but not limited to, flagging, painting, landscaping, cleaning. Remain flexible to respond to the immediate needs of your area to increase overall effectiveness of operations. This position may also include some general office duties as required.
- Experience in landscaping, painting and/or cleaning
- Ability to understand instructions and safety procedures
- Ability to demonstrate reliability
- Ability to perform heavy manual labour for extended durations of time in all weather conditions
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English
- Proficiency with the use of word processing and spreadsheet software applications is an asset
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Possess a valid G driver’s license and be eligible to enter the United States
Location: Cornwall Island, Ontario
Deadline: March 22 , 2019 at 5:00 pm
Please send your résumé and a presentation letter that demonstrates how you meet the essential qualifications at email@example.com
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. SIBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer which promotes a culture of inclusion and diversity.