|Salary/Hours of Work
||$24.50 – 37.5 hours/week (Classification 3)
||Manager of Central Services – Akwesasne, On
||As soon as possible
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Manager of Central Services and is responsible for a variety of administrative support services of a confidential, complex, and routine nature. This person will be required to communicate effectively, within the corporation and with external stakeholders, and work in collaboration with other members of the SIBC team in all departments. Success in this role requires results orientation, the ability to prioritize workflow, discretion, and professionalism.
Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Support (30%)
Office Coordination (15%)
- Provide administrative supports as needed including but not limited to document editing, formatting, scheduling, travel arrangements, incoming and outgoing mail, publications, and other correspondence.
- Communicate verbally or in writing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate and track workflows, projects, and action items/decisions, to ensure that paperwork and follow-up is timely and complete.
- Assists in the preparation of reports, Board of Directors packages and general correspondence.
- Primary responsibility for triaging reception area requests by taking independent action to determine the course of action, with appropriate delegation and judgment.
- Main contact for greeting visitors and couriers, ascertaining the nature of business and directing visitors to the appropriate person.
- This position is required to be in the office to support hours the office is open to the public.
- Ensure SIBC policies are updated and translated once approved.
- Maintain training logs for all employees.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining forms for all departments.
- Other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job.
- Maintain all aspects of the corporate file classification system.
- Maintain the entry access cards database.
- Primary responsibility for maintaining inventory levels of office supplies.
- Organize virtual meetings as requested.
- Prepare meeting rooms to welcome guests and stakeholders (coffee, water, catering, etc.).
- Primary responsibility to ensure operation of equipment including photocopier, shredder and coordination for repairs.
- Primary responsibility to maintain all meeting rooms and common areas (kitchen/dishwasher) in clean and organized condition.
- Track incoming mail and distribute; accordingly, prepare outgoing mail, including shipments.
- Maintain up-to-date list of contacts internal and external.
Customer Service (15%)
- Responsible to recommend, as appropriate, various elements or tools to improve the functional and administrative aspects of the department.
- Provide coverage of essential administrative functions normally performed by other team members in their absence.
Toll Operations Support (40%)
- Answer, screen, and forward telephone calls and take messages.
- Greet customers and visitors, ascertain the nature of business and direct visitors to appropriate person.
- Responsible for issuing photo bridge passes and obtaining affidavits.
- Responsible for the sale and inventory of bridge tickets.
- Perform the Toll Administration System (TAS) data collection, balancing, editing and final processing on a daily basis.
- Provide monthly reports from the TAS system to management.
- Assist with TAS and Toll Collection System (TCS) troubleshooting.
- Administer the bridge pass photo ID system.
- Responsible for producing, registering, and maintaining the inventory of transit cards.
- Maintain customer charge accounts and issue corporate cards.
- Knowledge of business administration normally acquired through postsecondary education or a minimum of 3 years as an Administrative Assistant is required.
- Demonstrated experience in bilingual administrative writing as well as bilingual text editing and formatting of corporate documentation is required.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills in both French and English.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and concepts.
- Proficient in computer systems and software such as MS Office suite is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with information management systems.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills is required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a diverse mix of issues, responsibilities and challenges is required.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while developing supportive and productive working relationships is required.
- Ability to handle inquiries, requests and/or complaints from all stakeholders and individuals, both in writing and verbally, with respect, courtesy, and in a helpful manner is required.
- Strong ethical standards and the ability to be discrete in the handling of confidential and privileged information is required.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage and prioritize workload in a proactive manner, providing feedback on progress and priority issues is required.
- Strong customer service communication skills are required.
- Experience in the coordination of meetings and travel arrangements is an asset.
- An overall demeanor that is consistently professional, warm, and approachable is required.
Please send your resume and a cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the essential qualifications to email@example.com
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
SIBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.