Job title: Maintenance Bridge Crew (12-month contract)
Location: Cornwall, Ontario
Status: 40 hours / week
Rate of Pay: $24.00 / hour
Closing Date: October 21, 2021
To be part of a bridge crew that maintain three bridges, an interconnecting roadway, toll plaza and administration building as per the direction of the Manager, Maintenance and Technical Services and Maintenance Coordinator.
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent experience
- Possess a valid DZ driver’s license or get one in first month of employment
- Knowledge of general building, roadway, snow plowing and landscaping maintenance procedures including structural steel and concrete repair methods
- Knowledge of handling hazardous materials and WHIMIS
- Experience in general maintenance and construction
- Experience in traffic control
- Ability to work in tight and/or high spaces using appropriate personal protective and fall protection equipment
- Ability to climb and work at unusual and dangerous heights
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to learn the operation and use of small machines, tools, and power equipment.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor for an extended period often under adverse climatic conditions
- Be eligible to enter the United States
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be available on call for snow removal
This position is posted internally and externally. To apply send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. SIBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which promotes a culture of inclusion and diversity.